Health for America is looking for a Communications Officer to help us increase our online media presence among new audiences. This is the perfect position for someone who enjoys social media and writing, and is creative and analytical. You'll help us strategically grow and engage the community through various digital channels.
Major Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Develop and execute a cohesive social media strategy to reach our target audiences across Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Pintrest
- Create social media posts including live-tweeting of key events
- Research and engage Twitter influencers in our field
- Monitor social media sites and join conversations in our focus areas
- Engage current and future partner organizations through our social media accounts
- Research social media strategies and integrate as appropriate
- Monitor social media analytics and recommend adjustments to strategies as needed
- Other communications and social media projects as assigned
The ideal candidate should be passionate about social media and prior experience managing an organization's social media accounts is a plus. The candidate should be able to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week for a period of 12 weeks or more, meet deadlines, take initiative and work independently. Familiarity with graphic design and web page maintenance would be an added bonus.
This position comes with:
- Opportunity to gain valuable leadership experience
- Exposure to a dynamic start up environment
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work remotely